The applications are closed now. The next call will be launched in November 2019 (application deadline: March 1st)
Checklist of information needed to complete the application
- Valid passport or ID-card
- Europass CV
- Higher Education degree and transcript of records
- Language proficiency documentation
- Contact details of at least 2 academic referees
- Complete motivation
- Other relevant documentation
How to apply for the 2019-2020 intake
- Step 1: read the section 'Admission requirements' and define your student category
- Step 2: make a personal IMBRSea account in the application tool
- Note: there is 1 single application form for both admission to the programme as the scholarship application
- Step 3: enter all required data in the application tool
- Step 4: submit the online application form to the IMBRSea coordination office before March, 1st 2019 (4 pm CET).
- Self-sponsored EU-students can apply until May 1st 2019, however it is not possible to apply for an Erasmus Scholarship after March 1st 2019.
- (Step 5): if admitted to the programme, send hard copies of your legalised documents to the IMBRSea coordination office (Belgium). Instructions will be sent by e-mail.
2. Deadlines and important dates
- For scholarship applicants (EU/non-EU)
- Application deadline: March 1st 2019
- Selection outcome communication: after April 10th (via e-mail)
- If admitted to the programme, send hard copy documents to IMBRSea coordination office (wait for the instructions via e-mail)
- For self-funded students: you will receive an invitation to pay a first part of the tuition fee in May. The full tuition fee should be done before August 1st 2019 (Students who haven't paid by August 1st 2019 will be considered as dropouts.)
- For self-sponsored applicants (EU only)
- Application deadline: May 1st 2019
- Selection outcome communication: May 15th 2019
- If admitted to the programme, send legalized documents to IMBRSea coordination office (wait for the instructions via e-mail)
- You will receive an invitation to pay a first part of the tuition fee in May. The full tuition fee should be done before August 1st 2019 (Students who haven't paid by August 1st 2019 will be considered as dropouts.)
When you are admitted to the programme, you will receive an instruction e-mail explaining that you have to send the following documents:
- A legalised copy of the basic diploma and its transcripts.
- Instructions are given here: https://www.ugent.be/prospect/en/administration/application/application-....
- In case you have not received your degree yet, you should send a statement from your university proving that you have been enrolled in the current academic year including the expected date of graduation.
- if your degree needs to be translated, you have to send us the legalised copy of the certified translation.
- It is not needed to send the original degree.
- A print of your IMBRSea application form (= the pdf you received when you submitted the application form, being a summary of your application)
- A copy of your language certificate (if applicable. e.g. native English speakers no not need to send this certificate, but just add a note that they are native speaking)
In principle no! Once an application is submitted, the reviewing process will start. In case you uploaded a wrong document or you have an additional supporting document relating to your studies, you can still send it to the coordination office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with mentioning clearly your unique application number.
Theoretically it is possible. If you are academically admitted to the programme and wish to start later, you will be asked to submit a new application in the relevant year, indicating that you had been admitted previously. If needed, consult the coordination office for further advice.
Unfortunately, the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is awarded for two years and students who could not secure a scholarship and are enrolled in their first year do not qualify to re-apply for a scholarship only for the second year.
Am I eligible to apply if I do not have my Bachelor’s diploma (or equivalent education certificate) at the time of application?
In case you have not received your degree yet, you should send a statement from your university proving that you have been enrolled in the current academic year including the expected date of graduation.