The application forms for the programme intake of 2019-2020 are open until May 1st 2019 for self-sponsored EU students
(Scholarship applications for EU and non-EU students closed on March 1st, 2019)
Checklist of information needed to complete the application
- Valid passport or ID-card
- Europass CV
- Higher Education degree and transcript of records
- Language proficiency documentation
- Contact details of at least 2 academic referees
- Complete motivation
- Other relevant documentation and references
How to apply for the 2019-2020 intake
- Step 1: read the section 'Admission requirements' and define your student category
- Step 2: make a personal IMBRSea account in the application tool
- Note: there is 1 single a application form for both admission to the programme as the scholarships
- Step 3: enter all required data in the application tool
- Step 4: submit the online application form to the IMBRSea coordination office before March, 1st 2019 (4 pm CET).
- Self-sponsored EU-students can apply until May 1st 2019, however it is not possible to apply for an Erasmus Scholarship after March 1st 2019.
- (Step 5): if admitted to the programme, send hard copies of your legalised documents to the IMBRSea coordination office (Belgium). Instructions will be sent by e-mail.
2. Deadlines and important dates
- For scholarship applicants (EU/non-EU)
- Application deadline: March 1st 2019
- Selection outcome communication: after April 10th (via e-mail)
- If admitted to the programme, send hard copy documents to IMBRSea coordination office before 15th of May 2019
- For self-sponsored applicants (EU only)
- Application deadline: May 1st 2019
- Selection outcome communication: May 15th 2019
- If admitted to the programme, send legalized documents to IMBRSea coordination office before 1st of June 2019
- For self-funded students: deadline payment tuition fee is August 1st 2019 (Students who haven't paid by August 1st 2019 will be considered as dropouts.)
In principle no! Once an application is submitted, the reviewing process will start. In case you uploaded a wrong document or you have an additional supporting document relating to your studies, you can still send it to the coordination office (email@example.com) with mentioning clearly your Unique application number.
Theoretically it is possible. However there are procedures and agreements to be put up by all the members of the consortium and the applicant should provide valid and sufficient reasons why they cannot attend. Please consult the coordinator for further advice.
Unfortunately, the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is for two years and students who could not secure a scholarship and are enrolled in their first year do not qualify to re-apply for a scholarship only for the second year.
Yes, the English test is required by the time the regsitration at the University starts. Applicants that are not in possession of a proof of English proficiency can simply indicate their level of expertise in their CV using the guidelines provided in the Europass template. In case, by the start of the academic year, proof can not be shown, you can still be expelled from the programme. Acceptance in this case remains thus conditional until proof is submitted!
Am I eligible to apply if I do not have my Bachelor’s diploma (or equivalent education certificate) at the time of application?
Yes, applicants graduating before September are eligible to apply. Admitted students need to hand in their degree certificate (diploma and diploma supplement) as soon as they receive it. Note that admission for this group of students will be conditional. The degree certificate (or other relevant graduation documents) must be sent to the IMBRSea coordination office at the latest by the end of August. If you expect to graduate later, you cannot be admitted to the programme this year but are welcome to apply for the next year.