Instrumentation and acquisition of data in oceanography
- Presentation of modern oceanographic instruments: acoustic tools, imaging tools, autonomous platforms (floats, gliders), etc.
- Data access in oceanography: dedicated bibliographic resources, international databases for hydrology, biogeochemistry, and biology.
- General knowledge about the peculiarities of the Mediterranean Sea (to be in a position to plan a cruise there).
- Basic rules of cruise planning.
- Personal project to plan a cruise given a precise scientific question.
- Cruise at sea on French oceanographic research vessels: sampling of hydrography (ADCP), hydrology (CTD), biogeochemistry (bottles and filtrations), and biology (nets and imaging instruments).
- Samples pre-processing: nutrients measurements, Chl a extraction, plankton imaging