During the second half of the second semester, students undertake a Professional Practice in one of the IMBRSea (main or associated) partners. Those partners include universities, research stations, companies and NGOs. The professional practice should not exceed 2 months and should contain a workload of at least 240 hours (12 ECTS).
Professional practice topics & selection
Who can submit professional practice topics
Evaluation of the professional practice
We open a call to partners around October of the first semester. In November when we have the available topics, the Professional Practice catalogue is provided to the students. Students will choose 3-5 options they are interested in and write a motivation for each.
- Submission of topics: Call for Professional Practice topics is open from 19 October 2020 until 13 November 2020. (after this date no new topics can be accepted)
- Topics published in a catalogue: After approval by the IMBRSea management board, the submitted topics will be made available to the students.
- Selection of topics by students: The Professional Practice catalogue is provided to the students. Students will choose 3-5 options they are interested in and write a motivation for each. Deadline for selection of topics for students is 4 December 2020.
- Selection of students: Professional practice mentors can choose to be involved in the selection process of the students. By 18 December 2020 topics will be allocated.
- Professional Practice: This will take place between the beginning of April and end of June 2021
- Professional Practice portfolio: The Professional Practice portfolio shall be uploaded in our thesis and internship management platform (Matix) to which the students, supervisors and the IMBRSea coordination office will have access.